Whether it is a roadtrip or an overseas excursion, there are plenty of ways to plan ahead and avoid creating a pile of wrappers and bottles.
Pack it up pack it in!
- Box up leftovers when you eat out
- Store different meals in a metal tiffin boxe
- Reusable metal cutlery is always useful for chopping an apple or making a sandwich/salad
- Travel mug for coffee
- Make homemade energy balls in advance for a healthy pick-me-up
Tip: As a cup is the most expensive component of a coffee besides the labour to make it, ask for a discount.
Why have a packaged sandwich, takeaway meal or a chocolate bar when you are on holiday when you could:
- Check out the local deli’s, bakeries and cake shops
- Eat-in and get amongst the local culture
- Enjoy an ice cream in a cone
Leave the Little Ones
Hotels and airports are full of mini plastic bottles but you don’t need to use them, instead:
- Fill your own reusable containers with shampoos, moisturiser etc
- Take solid shampoo bars (less likely to explode)